A peek into the world of Money from Technology & Regulatory lens
1. How do banks create money?
2. Why crypto-currencies (such as bitcoins) became popular after the global financial crisis?
3. How central banks world over are trying to address the challenges of crypto-currencies?
We are pleased to have invited Dr. Srinivas Yanamandra, a DBA alumnus of Alliance Manchester Business School, to give the answers to the above questions and unveil the mystery of MONEY, on 5th August 2017 at the UoM China Centre. As a qualified accountant by management qualification, Srinivas has over 15 years of industry experience in the areas of regulatory compliance, risk management, anti-money laundering, and bank governance.
The workshop will include the following sections:
1. Introduction to Money
2. Bank Credit and Money Creation
3. The Evolution of Cryptocurrency
4. Central Bank Issued Digital Currencies
5. Recent Regulatory developments
About China Centre Finance, Treasury and Tax (FTT) Club
该俱乐部的建立，是为了促进该领域的专业校友的定期沟通与交流，提高自身的专业水平，结识更多专业人士。同时也可以为非该领域的校友提供帮助。The Club is established to promote the exchanges among alumni in this profession, improving the knowledge as well as networking. In the meantime, the club also aims to offer professional advice to other alumni in need.
|地 点：Suite604, UoM Centre, West Offices, 1376 Nanjing Road West|
13:30 - 14:00 Registration & Networking
14:00 - 16:00 Workshop
嘉宾简介: Dr. Srinivas Yanamandra
Chief Compliance, BRICS New Development Bank, DBA alumnus, AMBS